Nortim Precision Engineering is a small family run business which was established in 1972. We have a 4,000ft2 workshop area and we are certified to ISO 9001: 2008 standard. We have a large loyal international customer base within many sectors. We currently have 6 skilled engineers and 2 apprentices.
- 1972: Business was started by Paul Norman, Philip Timms and John Carpenter
- 1975: Philip Timms and John Carpenter bought the business share from Paul Norman. Nortim Precision started work with their first oilfield company who are now one of their biggest customers.
- 1979: Nortim Precision moved to New Mills Industrial Estate
- 1985: Nortim Precision bought half of the New Mills Industrial Estate
- 1997: Nortim Precision bought a machining centre
- 2004: John Carpenter bought Philip Timms out of the business and buildings and became a sole owner
- 2005: Nortim Precision bought a new CNC lathe
- 2008: Nortim Precision bought an XYZ SLX 555-2M
- 2011: Tony Powell bought John Carpenter out of the business and expanded quickly.
- 2012: Nortim Precision took on their first apprentice
- 2013: Best business year so far with a turn over of £1.1 million. Nortim Precision bought a CNC Doosan lathe.
- 2014: Nortim Precision took on a second apprentice
- 2015: Nortim Precision bought a second machining centre.